[ETCH]: RAID-1 Assembly at Boot Time - LVM Impact

Hi,

I'm facing the following problem:

after adding a new RAID-1 array (2 new HDs, not complete, only one
partition) to an existing LVM2 volume group, the boot stopped with

device-mapper: ...
  Couldn't find device with uuid '<...>'.
  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group vg0.
  Couldn't find device with uuid '<...>'.
  Couldn't find all physical volumes for volume group vg0.
Volume group "vg0" not found
Done.
Begin: Waiting for root file system...

and I entered initramfs in a shell.

Before the change

o I checked everything with the RAID and LVM functions (mdadm and
<lvm>display) and I couldn't find anything strange
o the system worked fine

After the change and reboot in initramfs

mdadm --detail --scan lists only the old arrays (and not the new)
mdadm --examine --scan lists all

My assumption is

o that this problem is related with the homehost setting of the new array

How can I change it in initramfs shell without loosing the data on it
respectively without destroying the LVM group?

Is there any information available to understand
the assembly of the arrays at boot time (Debian Etch)?

Any other idea?

Thanks a lot for the help in advance,
Max