Re: Unbootable after today dist-upgrade (Sid) (SOLVED but be careful with initramfs-tools upgrade)

* Benjamí Villoslada <benjami@gmail.com> [2006 Dec 15 07:34 -0600]:

> Seems that is a initramfs-tools bug, be careful with this Sid package (ver
> 0.85d).

> $ apt-cache policy initramfs-tools
> initramfs-tools:
>   Instal·lat: 0.85d
>   Candidat: 0.85d
>   Taula de versió:
>  *** 0.85d 0
>         500 ftp://ftp.fr.debian.org unstable/main Packages
>         100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

I see here:

$ apt-cache policy initramfs-tools
initramfs-tools:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 0.85c
  Version table:
     0.85c 0
        500 http://http.us.debian.org unstable/main Packages

I don't have it installed so it's apparently not required for my
installation.

I had updated last night and it installed a replacement kernel which I
had no problem booting.  I also make sure to keep an older working
kernel installed just for those kinds of glitches.

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"