Re: a sound question

Mark Grieveson wrote:
Hi everyone. I have a usb-audio-device (aka a skype phone), and a couple of speakers plugged into my regular soundcard. I can get sound out of either device separately, but not both. I feel that I should be able to use both the soundcard, and the usb-audio-device at the same time
Mark

I sort of remember seeing in the list a way by which more than one "soundcard" can be loaded in the kernel at the same time. If your usb device is "like" a soundcard, maybe this is possible for you.

If I recall correctly, the module  lines were something like:

alias snd-card-0 snd-fm801
options snd-fm801 index=0
alias snd-card-1 XXXX
options XXXX index=1

XXXX represents the second module for a second "soundcard" to be loaded in the kernel at the same time.

Do you think this would work for you?  HTH.

--
Sincerely
Jose Alburquerque

Thanks Jose. When I first tried this, it did not work properly. But, after a recent upgrade, I'm please to say that both the soundcard, and the usb-device-audio (skype phone) now work.

Mark