Re: Etch w/o icedove (OOPS!)

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 05:32:06PM -0800, Marc Shapiro wrote:
> My mistake.  I was confusing icedove with iceweasel (which does not seem
> to be ready for Etch, yet).  When I did 'aptitude hold thunderbird'
> before the dist-upgrade then it did not try to install icedove.

Just remember that not migrating to icedove might have negative
consequences on you ... for instance, you won't get security support
for it ... e.g. the thunderbird you put on hold already has open
security issues.

So, either go for mozilla.org thunderbird or go icedove.

 - Alexander

--
 GPG messages preferred.    |  .''`.  ** Debian GNU/Linux **
 Alexander Sack             | : :' :      The  universal