Re: Can't su to root after using the RC1 installer

On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 02:03:15PM -0500, Max Hyre wrote:
> Tom Brown wrote:
>
> > I believe the password for sudo should be the user password that has access to
> > sudo. That's assuming that the installer setup sudo for you.
>
>    That's what the man page says (hadn't used sudo before).  However,
> the installer made no offer to set up a sudoers file.

well, depending on what, if anything, is setup in sudo, you could

sudo su root

and then enter your user password. might work to get you a root shell
so you can do other stuff. I think that's the trick they use in ubuntu
as they have root login turned off as well.