Re: Setting network cards to full duplex at boot...

Andrei Popescu ha scritto:
> On Wed, Dec 13, 2006 at 08:08:57PM +1300, Simon wrote:
>
>> Hi There,
>>
>> Is there a way to set network cards to full duplex at boot time?
>>
>> Thanks Simon
>>

> Mine is set that way automatically. It would be helpful if you would
> specify which card and chipset, Debian release, kernel version, ...
>
> Regards,
> Andrei

Well, I have a switch that doesn' t work well with negotiation. So I
added these  MII lines in /etc/init.d/networking (in the start section):

start)
    process_options
    log_action_begin_msg "Configuring network interfaces"
    if ifup -a; then
        log_action_end_msg $?
    else
        log_action_end_msg $?
    fi
        /sbin/mii-tool -F 100BaseTx-HD eth0
        /sbin/mii-tool -v eth0
    ;;

These have to be done for every network card (HD stays for Half Duplex,
you need FD - Full Duplex - see the mii-tool manual).
For me this works.

Regards
    Mirto

Mirto Silvio Busico 		ICT Consultant