Re: DVDs - err what gives?

Baz wrote:
> Help please.  I followed the advice here - and, now the Synaptic
> Package Manager nor the Update Manager are working.
>
> On 12/12/06, * hendrik@topoi.pooq.com <mailto:hendrik@topoi.pooq.com>*
> <hendrik@topoi.pooq.com <mailto:hendrik@topoi.pooq.com>> wrote:
>
>     On Tue, Dec 12, 2006 at 06:11:56PM +0000, andy wrote:
>     >
>     > Well, I'll be a primate's mother's brother:
>
>     Congratulations on your neice's career in the church!

What advice? Without context, it's hard to tell what you mean.

Also, I'm unfamiliar with "the Update Manager"; never heard of it. And
more details on what's wrong with Synaptic might be good. Does it not
start? Does it error out? If the latter, what's the error? That sort of
thing.

Also, please don't top-post.

And finally, the joke about the niece's career in church .... It took me
a while to figure out, not being of a background familiar with "Primate"
in a church context. After figuring that out, "Good zing, Hendrik!"

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>