Re: Debian as Firewall\Router.

Stef Daniels VK5HSX wrote:
Hi There,

	A while ago I had a debian box used at router and adsl connection
machine. I also had bare-bones iptables firewall, which was really
inadequate and so I changed to IPcop. Anyway, I wish to go back to using
Debian as a firewall and router. What I would like to know is a fairly
comprehensive configuring GUI that I can remotely manage my firewall
using either browser or dedicated GUI.
	Any help to put me in the right direction would be much appreciated.
The main few I have seen are: Firestarter, fwbuilder and shorewall.
Which have people found the most efficient and easy use.

I have visited Debian Firewall wiki http://wiki.debian.org/Firewalls
Stef

FWIW, when running a direct (i.e. not via a dedicated firewall) connection on an old Slackware box, I used Arno's firewall - have done an apt-cache search and found it: arno-iptables-firewall "a single and multi-honed firewall script with DSL/ADSL support". I was always very happy with this set up and I believe that it has a reasonable degree of scalability too.

HtH

/A