Re: bulk mailer

On 2006-12-11 @ 07:50:07 (week 50) Russell L. Harris wrote:

> I need a method to email a weekly Bible study to a list of a hundred
> or so recipients.
>
> I found in the Debian archive a package named "libmail-bulkmail-perl".
> I installed the package and looked at the example files in
> "/usr/share/doc/libmail-bulkmail-perl", but I have been unable to
> understand how to use the package.
>
> "sample.cfg.file" mentions "Mail::Bulkmail", "Mail::Bulkmail::Server",
> and "Mail::Bulkmail::Dynamic".
>
> There appears to be no man page.
>
> %%%%%%%%%%%%%
>
> In the Debian "oldstable" archive is package named "bulkmail"; but it
> appears to be deprecated.

Hi Russell,

A couple of years ago I had the same need. Because I couldn't find what
I needed and didn't want to run a fulblown MLM I wrote a perl script to
do it. It includes the possibility to send attachments. Maybe it is of
some use to you too.

You can download it at
http://huizen.dto.tudelft.nl/devries/files/bulkmail

Mind you, the site at hat location has not been maintained for a long
time now (I don't work there anymore) and I recently asked them to
remove those pages so don't wait too long. Hopefully I will migrate
those pages to my own server sometime soon when I can find some time.

HTH

Grx HdV