Re: Which version

Hi Troy,

On Tue, 2006-12-12 at 06:54 -0600, Troy Bull wrote:
> Greetings
>
> I am totally new to debian.  I recently downloaded and installed 3.1r4 I
> noticed that is seems very old.  Am I needing to update or something to
> get current packages?  I did apt-get upgrade and nothing was updated..

if you want to update your distribution, you might want to try "apt-get
dist-upgrade" also have a look at http://www.us.debian.org/CD/faq/ for
the versions of whats available and how you can install it.

3.1r4 is the current "stable release", however if you want more up to
date packages, might try 'testing' or 'unstable'.

More information can be got at the debian wiki located at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Debian

--
Regards,

Stef Daniels VK5HSX             (OpenPGP:FDE007F6)
Amateur Radio Station
Adelaide, South Australia       QRA-Loc: PF94GV
E-mail: vk5hsx@wia.org.au
Member Wireless Inst. of Aust.  (www.wia.org.au)