Re: recommended Debian package for burning CDs...

Sven Arvidsson(sa@whiz.se) is reported to have said:
> On Fri, 2006-12-08 at 16:53 -0500, Wayne Topa wrote:
> >  I don't have any symlink for cdrecord on this etch/testing box.  I found
> >  out that it was gone when I tried to use an alias I have in .bashrc
> >  to write a CD.  It was news to me that cdrecord had been replaced.
>
> Maybe you or aptitude removed the dummy by mistake?

Must have been aptitude because I would 'not' have removed it.

> > Filing a bug report from here doesn't seem to work.  I filed 5 in the past
> > month, using reportbug, and none have ever shown up on the bug list, AFAICT.
>
> As long as you have some way to send mail, filing bug reports should not
> be a problem. You can simply dump the output from reportbug (I think it
> saves the reports in /tmp) and insert it into your favourite mailer.
>
> Alternatively, you can file bugs manually by following the guidelines
> here: (Simply putting pseudo headers in the body of your message).
> http://www.debian.org/Bugs/Reporting
>
> > I forwarded 2 to the maintainers and have not heard a word from either.  :-(
> > No X on this box since the Xorg 7.1.0. :-(
>
> Is this the problems described in the "xorg 7.1.1 upgrade problem" thread? If
> so, I will try to respond with a few suggestions.

Yes, xserver-xorg-video-tseng 'seems' to be the problem.  I have Xorg
running on two old IBM 770 laptops using the trident driver and they
are OK.
> Keep in mind, most maintainers seems to be swamped by bug reports, the
> X11 maintainers are no exception I guess.

I understand that.  Just thought that with etch coming out soon
someone would have asked for more info by now.

Thanks for your interest.

Regards
Wayne

--
You never finish a program, you just stop working on it.