Re: ./configure - file not found problem

On Sat, Dec 09, 2006 at 08:26:03PM +0000, jao@f2s.com wrote:
> I was attempting to install a source only program , concerning mobile phone
> flashing. only to find the file "configure" does not seem to exist.....
> Tried as user and root....

What leads you to believe that whatever it is you're trying to compile even
makes use of autotools?

> Flumuxed as this is a very common command, so I must either be missing
> something very basic, or , something really bad has happened in the  deb
> tree.

Nah, it's just another instance of a random button pusher not bothering to
know anything about how the tools work.

--
 Marc Wilson |     Q: What do monsters eat?  A: Things.  Q: What do
 msw@cox.net |     monsters drink?  A: Coke.  (Because Things go better