Re: Installation problem

Wei-Min Gu wrote:
> With a Debian CD, which was made from debian-31r4-i386-netinst.iso,
> I tried to install Debian GNU/Linux on my new PC but failed.
>
> The installation was stopped since "No partitionable media were found".
> It shows as the following:
>
> No partitionable media were found.
> Please check that a hard disk is attached to this machine.

The Intel 9xx chipset was first supported on the 2.6.9 kernel.  However,
Debian 3.1 boots with the 2.4.27 kernel by default and 2.6.8 kernel with
the "linux26" boot option.

You have two choices: either use the Debian 4.0 (etch) Release Candidate
1 CD (recommended) or a sarge CD that boots with the 2.6.18 kernel.

Debian 4.0 RC 1:

Sarge 2.6.18:
http://kmuto.jp/b.cgi/debian/d-i-2618.htm