Re: Non-printable Bytes in Variable Data A little Further Along

Bill Marcum writes:
> Try this:
> echo "$songfilename" | od -to1z

	It suddenly hit me that you suggested I put the "'s
around the variable name when I did the test so I did and I think
we've got the culprit though I am not sure what to do to fix it.
This time I tried

 echo "$songfilename" | od -to1z

Exactly as shown and low and behold, there is an octal 011 or
horizontal tab prepended to the string.  That's the problem right there.

	Is there any way to make echo not be so neat?

Again thanks.