Re: mouse freaks out

Jason Dunsmore wrote:
> My Logitech usb mouse (model M-BT96a) has a tendancy to freak out a
> couple of times per hour.  When this happens, the mouse cursor
> suddenly goes to one of the screen corners.  When I try to reorient
> myself by moving the mouse to see where it went, the mouse moves
> rapidly all over the screen.  Normality is restored about 3 seconds
> after this happens.  I've tried three different Logitech mice, and
> they all have this problem.  I'm using Enlightenment with Debian Etch
> and kernel 2.6.16.13.  Any idea what the problem is?
No, not a clue.

But I'd start by removing gpm if it's installed, or installing gpm if
it's not installed, and then reconfiguring X to use/not use /dev/gpmdata
accordingly, just to see if anything changes.

You might also want to provide a bit more info, such as how your
xorg.conf (or XF86Config) file is configured mouse-wise.

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully <http://kentwest.blogspot.com>