Xorg crashes after installing mouse cursors

Hi all,

I have a Debian testing/unstable amd64 system. It was working fine and then I installed a couple of cursor packages like "crystal-cursor" and "comix-cursor". Changed the mouse cursor from default to crystalblue -medium. Everything was fine. Then I rebooted. Now Xorg fails at startup with:

Fatal  server error: Could not find cursor font:  'cursor'

(this is the error more or less)

now I googled but links i was getting was for messed up fonts. As in misconfigured path etc. Nothing for cursors. Anybody who has encountered this before or has an idea of how cursor fonts are configured if you could provide me with a pointer or a link.

thanks

Vibhav Sharma