Re: Sarge 3.1 installed. Can i add SATA support?

On 12/4/06, Javier Viegas <javiercviegas@gmail.com> wrote:
Hi everyone, i have Debian Sarge 3.1 installed  as a file server, and i need
to add another hard disk, as i already have the 4 ide ports bussy i can use
sata ones to add a big sata hd, the problem is that sarge 3.1 doesn´t
support sata controlers. I have an Asus mother  (P4P800-E Deluxe)  wich have
an Intel  ICH5R  sata controller, plus a Promise  Raid sata controller, the
question is, can i add drivers for my current  sarge 3.1 to support sata
drives, and wich module  should i use and where can i get it?

I suppose you have installed Debian with kernel 2.6 series. You can
follow this link:
http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html

--
Openclose.it - Idee per il software libero
http://www.openclose.it