kde's kwin killed - now problem with desktop 1

Hi,

My manager's computer hung up this morning. He's running sarge with two
monitors. We ssh'd in from another computer and ran top. We saw an instance
of kwin running that was hogging the cpu. We killed it. Now one of his
desktops is acting poorly. When he opens a terminal there is no title bar.
The pager show only a single desktop even though we configure it for six.
kwinrc looks like this:

[Desktops]
Name_1=
Name_2=
Name_3=
Name_4=
Name_5=
Name_6=
Number=6

[Desktops-screen-1]
Name_1=
Name_2=
Name_3=
Name_4=
Name_5=
Name_6=
Number=6

The problem desktop would be Desktops-screen-1. So, it looks like by killing
the kwin process something got corrupted. I've looked through a lot of the rc
files under ~/.kde/share/config and I don't see anything wrong. I could be
missing something. Any ideas what may be corrupted or where I should be
looking?

Thanks,
Tom