Re: how to override printer settings from cups, xpp, ...
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: how to override printer settings from cups, xpp, ...
- From: Lubos Vrbka <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 04 Dec 2006 17:13:38 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: email@example.com
- In-reply-to: <456D5798.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- References: <456B1ADC.email@example.com> <456B266C.firstname.lastname@example.org> <456C697F.email@example.com> <456C6D1A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <20061128172836.GA6931@jadev.org> <456C9EEF.email@example.com> <456D5798.firstname.lastname@example.org>
it seems so. we installed ppds for HPLJ4100 and HPLJ2300 from
linuxprinting.org (standard postscript, no hplip - we had that up till
now) and the settings can be changed from individual users, i.e., duplex
can be turned off or changed to short edge/long edge.
I guess it's just a problem of configuration and/or ppd-stuff.
the only printer that is still giving us trouble is HPLJ4560 (color). we
used the same approach. in the cups settings we set everything as
desired (duplex available, some other default settings). however, when
properties dialog is opened in, e.g., xpp for this printer we have
problem. for duplex there is either on or off. the pulldown offers
but it cannot be changed to any of these values - it always stays only
on or off, whatever is selected from the pulldown.
i guess we will have to fight with this a bit... thanks for your help
and if you have any hints in this last problem, i'd love to hear them.