Re: what's the killer app for GNU/Linux systems?

Brendan wrote:
> On Thursday 30 November 2006 10:18, richard@the-place.net wrote:
>
> Blah, install pdf writer under Windows. As easy as kprinter.

Do you mean like 'aptitude install kprinter'?

> There is no "killer app for linux"...if you mean a killer free software app,
> then firefox or openoffice.

As I said before the killer application of Debian Gnu/Linux is aptitude.
I can install thousands of applications, keep all of them up-to-date
including security updates, etc.

Even if the functionality of each individual package could be achieved
with other OSes, installation, security, and maintainence of a large
number of applications is unparalleled.

My 2ct,
Johannes