[testing] xorg and modelines question

Hi!
I have a problem with aligning display on my PC. I hav currently 3 systems instaled : windows, debian 3.1 and 4.0 recenly came be. I set up a display under windows by monitor menu becouse under linux it can be done by software and under windows it can't. Under 3.1 I've generated a modeline with xvidtue and placed it in XF86Config-4 in the monitor section. It worked just fine. Under 4.0 on the oter hand it doesn't. I generate a modeline with xvidtune but when I restart X with a modeline added to xorg.conf the display is shifted. Modeline it self does something becouse when I comment it out the shift is different but it doesn't do as xvidtune shows it should.

Any suggestions?
Regards
Jakub Narojczyk
begin:vcard
fn:Jakub Narojczyk
n:Narojczyk;Jakub
org:Institute of Molecular Physics Polish Academy of Sciences
adr:;;Mariana Smoluchowskiego 17;Poznan;Wielkoposka;60-179;Poland
email;internet:narojczyk@ifmpan.poznan.pl
title:PHD Student
tel;work:(061) 8695151
url:http://www.ifmpan.poznan.pl/zp10/zp10_www.htm