Re: how to convert DVD to something uploadable to youtube?

Erik Steffl wrote:
I have a DVD (PAL system, not sure if it matters, no copy protection) and I'd like to convert it to something that I can upload to youtube (or just send to friends). I am using debian linux system (unstable).

Hello

Try acidrip - It's a graphical front end on the excellent mencoder encoder. That'll get you a decent quality, small file from your DVD. Not sure what formats youtube accepts. You'll need the debian multimedia repositories being discussed in a thread not very far from this one on thie very list.

cheers

matthew