Re: enlarge gnome desktop dictionary window

* José Alburquerque <jaalburquerque@cox.net> [061129 13:39]:
> Russell L. Harris wrote:
> >Regarding Dictionary 2.14.0, the Gnome desktop dictionary applet for Etch:
> >
> >Clicking on the applet opens an overlapping (i.e., always-on-top)
> >window to display the definition of a word.  But the window is
> >entirely too small, and invariably requires tedious scrolling.  The
> >preferences window offers no option.  Can the window be enlarged?
> >
> >The dictionary previously used in Sarge (perhaps an earlier version of
> >the same applet) allowed the user to keep open a dictionary window
> >which could be made full-screen or tiled with other windows on the
> >desktop, and was much easier to use.  Is the former applet still
> >available?
> >
> >RLH
> >

> The "Applications->Accessories" menu has a "Dictionary" entry that
> brings up a dictionary window.  Maybe this is what you're looking for?

Thanks, Jose!  That is the one I needed.

It is interesting that the "about" window of the applet and the
application both display nothing other than "Dictionary 2.14.0"; but
this is explained in the "help" window:  the applet is a sub-set of
the dictionary application.

I forgot to check "help".

RLH