Re: CVS commit with custom date

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 07:11:18PM -0800, Casey T. Deccio wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Is there a way to perform a cvs commit with a custom date, rather
> than the current date?  I'm trying to create all the versions of a
> certain file retroactively from the archives that have been kept
> until now, but I want to be able to maintain (and search by) the
> actual (past) modification date.

It should be possible, at least if you convert to subversion.  I have a
repo that started out as CVS and that I converted over to SVN.  The
original commit dates were kept.  If all else fails, you can muck with
the clock on the server prior to each commit.

-Roberto
--
Roberto C. Sanchez
http://people.connexer.com/~roberto