Re: Replacing Gnome with KDE

[This message has also been posted to linux.debian.user.]
In article <7mjMw-7mZ-21@gated-at.bofh.it>, richard@the-place.net wrote:
>> Thank you, everyone who offered suggestions and observations. I've got
>> KDE working, basically by using aptitude to remove the remaining bits
>> of gnome, and then (re)installing the kde meta-packages.
>>
> Just for amusement, try installing icewm too, and see how a WM that loads
> in about a tenth of the time feels to you.  And then you could move on...

Having just attempted to replace GNOME with KDE, and ending up
with an empty Control Center, I'd be willing to give icewm a try.

What do you use for sound daemon?  I need to run Skype
and the Flash player (with sound, inside Firefox or Seamonkey)
at the same time, and that seems to take a daemon in front of
/dev/dsp.  aRts?  esound?  jackd?  Something else?

Cameron