Re: Xaralx on testing

On Tue, Nov 28, 2006 at 07:50:52PM +0100, Florian Kulzer wrote:

   > Do you really need to have rev. 1764? The xaralx package 0.7r1692-2 from
   > the testing/non-free repository works fine for me.

That works here. Regarding your observation whether I _really_ need it,
I can just say I am curious to try new version for the new features,
etc.

But, the question is more about a software that ran perfectly not
running on an upgraded system. The particular version which ran under
sarge no longer runs under etch. FWIW, I was using the xorg packages
from backports under sarge.

   > How did you install the newer version? If you compiled it yourself then
   > you might simply have to recompile it for Etch.

Running the tarball. Tried the 1692 tarball from xaraxtreme.org; that
also segfaults :-(

Regards,

--
Sridhar M.A.                                 GPG KeyID : F6A35935
  Fingerprint: D172 22C4 7CDC D9CD 62B5  55C1 2A69 D5D8 F6A3 5935

Chihuahuas drive me crazy.  I can't stand anything that shivers when it's warm.