Re: make-kpkg fails with "compatibility" errors

On 11/27/06, Joey Hess <joeyh@debian.org> wrote:
Matt Price wrote:
> On a mixed sid/ubuntu-edgy system

!!!

> /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 655.
> dh_gencontrol: Compatibility levels before 4 are deprecated.
> Use of uninitialized value in string eq at
> /usr/share/perl5/Debian/Debhelper/Dh_Lib.pm line 655.
> dpkg-gencontrol: error: package
> linux-headers-2.6.19-rc6-ubuntu1-suspend2 not in control info
> dh_gencontrol: command returned error code 65280
> make: *** [install/linux-image-2.6.19-rc6-ubuntu1-suspend2] Error 1

All of these errors suggest something is badly wrong with the
debian/control file for the package you are trying to build. My guess is
that you need to perform some other step to create debian/control, but
as it's an ubuntu package, I won't try to guess farther.

--
thanks joey.  I think I may have some issueswith my git tree getting
messed up; I'll try a clean tree and see if that fixes the problem.

matt

see shy jo