Re: Fabien Trauchessec est absent(e).

[Taking this thread to debian-user, since this topic is more appropriate
there, not at debian-security. ]

fabien.trauchessec@desjardins.com wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I made the mistake to forget to unsubscribe when I was on holiday.

No, you made the mistake to autoreply vacancy messages to mailing lists.

> My auto-reply software sends severals messages to the debian-security
> mailing-list. Now my address is on google and I began to recieve some
> spam.

I hate spam as well. On the other hand; this time it is entirely your
fault: you shouldn't have spammed all the recipients of debian-security
with the information about you being on holiday.

> Could you remove messages with the header such as below, so when
> google or any other search engine or any spammer address scanning
> tool will run on web version of the mailling-list next time, there
> will be no absent message from me.
>
> To: debian-security@lists.debian.org
> Subject: Fabien Trauchessec estabsent(e).
> From: fabien.trauchessec@desjardins.com

I'm not a listmaster, but probably not. Any case it is of little use,
since this was already mirrored and published in different locations on
the internet.

Debian's mailing lists are public forums.

Please take care to read this, if you post to the lists -- or configure
your automailer to do that for you.

Thanks

> Ce message est confidentiel, et est réservé à l'usage exclusif du
> destinataire. Toute autre personne est par les présentes avisée qu’il
> lui est strictement interdit de diffuser, distribuer ou reproduire ce
> message. Si vous avez reçu cette communication par erreur, veuillez
> la détruire immédiatement et en aviser l’expéditeur. This message is
> confidential, may be privileged and is intended for the exclusive use
> of the addressee. Any other person is strictly prohibited from
> disclosing, distributing or reproducing this message. If you have
> received this communication in error, please delete it and  notify
> immediately the sender.

Despite of what you are saying this message is not confidential, it has
just been sent to countless people, posted on several public servers...
Please don't include such annoying legal irrelevance in messages to
mailing lists. The rest of this context of your message applies to all
messages sent in Europe, whether you annoy others by claiming it
explicitly or not.

Johannes

PS: morale to be learned: never configure your vacation robot to send
absence notices to public forums -- it annoys others and gets you spammed.