Re: inserting mouse module in bootup

On Monday 27 November 2006 08:03, Sam Rosenfeld wrote:
> I would like to insert a mouse module somewhere in the kernel boot up.  I
> am currently typing "modprobe mousedev" to enable the mouse and therefore
> X, too.  Is there a config file for this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Sam

Install the program modconf (aptitude install modconf).  The start it up as
root and goto the menu item /kernel/drivers/input and select mousedev.  Exit
out of program and the appropriate files should be updated with the mousedev
module.  You then should be able to access your mouse without having to do
the modprobe thing.

John