Re: [Sarge] XFree86 does not start

Hi,

* Sven Arvidsson wrote (2006-11-27 15:54):
>You can use "dpkg -S /usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/mga_drv.o" to find
>out which package a file belongs to, and reinstall it.

Thanks for the hint! It's xserver-xfree86, one of the packages I
already reinstalled. But now I also removed three files left in the
directory after the purge which I thought could not possibly do any
harm (mga_drv.o.xf86, mga_drv.0.matrox and mga_hal_drv.0).

Obviously, they did, now I have my X back in all its non-Xinerama
glory. The rest should be piecocake.

Thanks!

Thorsten
--
Why should self-interested companies be permitted to shift the balance of
fundamental liberties, risking free expression, free markets, scientific