Re: xserver-xorg postinst script Hanging

On Saturday 25 November 2006 11:16 am, Florian Kulzer wrote:
> (There was a similar case on debian-kde a while ago and it turned out
>  that discover was hanging.)

It is indeed discover that is hanging. The last line on stdout at the hang is:

+++ discover --disable=serial,parallel,usb,ide,scsi '--format=%V %M\t%S\t%D\n' video

discover version is 1.7.19.
The hang is easily reproduced by running the above discover command.

Hmmm... it seems that all previous attempts left discover threads open.
Now I have six discover pid's that root can't kill,
and the root shell that I ran the command on is hung.

Any suggestions?

--
Carl Brown
Whitefield, NH USA