Re: xserver-xorg postinst script Hanging

On Sat, Nov 25, 2006 at 08:18:25 -0500, Carl Brown wrote:
> Using testing, installing xserver-xorg 7.1.0-6.
>
> Running a dist-upgrade, xserver-xorg postinst script hangs indefinitely.
> There is no disk or CPU activity, I must kill it manually.
>
> Is this a local problem or are others also seeing this?

The postinst script is here: /var/lib/dpkg/info/xserver-xorg.postinst.
You can change the line

set -e

set -xe

(This line is at the beginning of the file, right after the comment
 header.)

Then you can run "dpkg --configure xserver-xorg" and all the commands of
the postinst script will be echoed to STDOUT as they are called. This
should tell you where it hangs and probably we will then be able to
figure out how to fix it.

(There was a similar case on debian-kde a while ago and it turned out
 that discover was hanging.)

--
Regards,
          Florian