How can I verify hardware compatibility?

I'm planning on buying components individually and piecing together a computer. I'd like to install Debian Linux on it. I'm not buying any of the latest and greatest stuff, and the hardware I have picked out is pretty standard fare, nothing too fancy. So I'm pretty sure everything will "just work" (TM), but I'd still kind of like to verify each piece before I just buy everything, slap it together, install and pray.

I was wondering if anyone could suggest any techniques, very good websites, or anything else to try to verify that, yes, there are indeed working drivers for my hardware.

Thanks,
- GM