Re: Help: Developing Free Debian Trainings

Hello Maarten,

Am 2006-11-24 19:18:05, schrieb Maarten Verwijs:

> Hello!
>
> I'd like to announce a new project in order to gain world domination for
> Debian. It's my little pet project and I call it "The Tipii Project" [1].

I do not know your location, but...

> The short term goal of the Tipii Project is to train people in the use
> of Debian GNU/Linux.

I do the same thing in Strasbourg/France and planing to do
this via my Non-Profit Enterprise "Tamay Dogan Network"
(France, Germany, Moroco, Turkey and Iran)

> The long term goal is to create a set of trainings that will eventually
> lead to Debian Certification, ala Red Hat Certified.

:-)

> Since no company is giving Debian trainings that _I_ know of, I figure I
> might just as well do it myself. And have fun doing it!

So I am not alone!

> Under the name of "The Tipii Project", me and a couple of friends have
> just started to develop a set of Debian trainings. This is the earliest
> of beginnings, but it is a beginning.
>
> The idea is to learn by teaching others. By giving a training about any
> given subject, you will learn more about that subject than you did. You
> will also learn more about yourself as a bonus.
>
> How do we intend to do this? Well:
> - Learn how to give technical trainings
> - Teach others to give trainings
> - Develop trainings
> - Develop workshops
> - Host trainings
> - Host workshops
> - Bring Developers and EndUsers closer together
> - Learn from other experts about any given subject
> - Have fun
>
> There's probably a lot more to do, but this is where we're at right now.

Nice List!

> The Current Rules:
> * All materials must be compatible with Debian standards (DFSG)

FullACK!

> * In order to enroll into a training, you must have read certain
>   materials or have certain skill (Assessment).

Rigth!

> * All materials will be developed in the open using open tools and
>   protocols.

FullACK too!

> And so, on the 17th of December 2006, I will be hosting the first
> Unofficial Debian Training in Utrecht, the Netherlands!

Hey guys, if I find the time, I like to meet you.

> I would love to hear what ideas and possibilities this list sees for the
> Tipii-Project and it's goals.
>
> One concrete problem I'm having right now is: How do I enable
> open-development of a project such as this? I've set up a subversion
> repository and a Trac-wiki, but am afraid to open up the wiki for the
> world. Dito with the subversion repo. Does anyone have an idea what I'm
> talking about and how to set this up?
>
> Also, I would like to invite anyone that would like to help out to join
> our Brand New Crew on our Mailinglist: http://lists.tipii-project.org

I will look at it...

Thanks, Greetings and nice Day
    Michelle Konzack
    Systemadministrator
    Tamay Dogan Network
    Debian GNU/Linux Consultant

                   50, rue de Soultz         MSM LinuxMichi
0033/6/61925193    67100 Strasbourg/France   IRC #Debian (irc.icq.com)