Re: dell server

I’ve installed Debian on 4 different PowerEdge servers now, without any problems.  I had to use Etch, to get a recent enough kernel to support the SATA controller.  Other than that, everything was fine.

However, I haven’t installed on your particular model.  Looking at the specs, there are a few different hard drive controller options available.  Which one do you have?  If it’s an add-on card, do you know the model?  If it’s the integrated controller, do you know the chipset?

-- Kevin