Re: Sound system stopped working

Bradley Alexander wrote:
Hi Kent,

I shut down, reseated the card, booted, and tried the same steps (lspci | grep audio; module-assistant; alsaconf) and got the same indications.

Also please note two items I may not have mentioned. I also have a BT878 TV capture card (an old Happauge analog card) that is detected and works just fine.

Also, the first time I saw this problem was after upgrading from 2.6.16 to 2.6.17. I rolled back to 2.6.16, but the problem persisted. I have tried both stock Debian kernels and my own compiled kernel...Still the problem persists.

Other suggestions?

1. Try a different user.

2. Try a different windowing environment.

--
Kent West
Westing Peacefully