I would like to show the grid as

----------
| |   |  |
----------
| |   |  |
----------
| |   |  |
----------

That is all the points are interconnected in x, y directions. How to produce
this kind of graph?

Currently I am using gnuplot 4.0.0 on Debian testing. I tried creating a data
file such as

0 0 0
1 0 0
4 0 0
6 0 0

0 1 0
1 1 0
4 1 0
6 1 0

and then used splot 1:2:3, and then set the view to 0,0 . But this messes up
with the y label. In this method, the y label is parallel to the x-axis
whereas I would like it to be parallel to the y-axis.

Is there any elegant way to achieve the above grid without all this convoluted
path? Is there any other software which can do this kind of stuff?

thanks
raju

--
Kamaraju S Kusumanchi