Re: Laptop choice?

Marc Shapiro <mshapiro_42@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Toshiba Satellite ($299.99 US)
>    Intel Celeron M 420
>    512 MB DDR2 RAM
>    80 GB HD
>    CD-RW/DVD
>    802.11 a/b/g

	I have one of these. It uses the ipw2100 wifi card internally. I got
fed up with it so I now use a PCMCIA D-Link AirPlus AG (madwifi atheros
driver) instead. I also needed to set some custom module options to make the
IRDA port work, but once I got over those two hurdles, it's a very nice
laptop and everything works nicely. I especially like that there are USB
ports on two sides of the laptop and when you cpufreq it down to 600MHz it's
dead silent and the battery lasts hours even with the wifi card attached.

	- Tyler