Problem with JFS

I recently formatted a couple of my partitions with JFS. Now, the problem is,
they don't get mounted by default on boot-up even though they are
in /etc/fstab.

/dev/hda1       /mnt/data      jfs    defaults      0       0
/dev/hda2       /mnt/stuff      jfs     defaults      0        0

I formatted it using mkfs.jfs. The version of jfsutils installed on my system
is:
jfsutils/testing uptodate 1.1.11-1

Also, from my kernel config file,
CONFIG_JFS_FS=m
CONFIG_JFS_POSIX_ACL=y
CONFIG_JFS_SECURITY=y
# CONFIG_JFS_DEBUG is not set
# CONFIG_JFS_STATISTICS is not set

Now, whenever I try to mount I get the error:
debian:~# mount -t jfs /dev/hda2 /mnt/stuff
mount: wrong fs type, bad option, bad superblock on /dev/hda2,
       missing codepage or other error
       dmesg | tail  or so

debian:~# dmesg | tail
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 0x mode
agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:01:00.0 into 0x mode
FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev hda1.
NET: Registered protocol family 10
lo: Disabled Privacy Extensions
IPv6 over IPv4 tunneling driver
eth0: no IPv6 routers present
FAT: bogus number of reserved sectors
VFS: Can't find a valid FAT filesystem on dev hda2.

Also, after a while, I tried mounting /dev/hda1 in the exact same way, and it
mounted!! But after retrying, I haven't been able to mount /dev/hda2

Output of jfs_fsck
debian:~# jfs_fsck /dev/hda2
jfs_fsck version 1.1.11, 05-Jun-2006
processing started: 11/23/2006 12.38.30
Using default parameter: -p
The current device is:  /dev/hda2
Block size in bytes:  4096
Filesystem size in blocks:  2560359
**Phase 0 - Replay Journal Log
Filesystem is clean.

I don't know whats wrong :(

--
Regards,
Amit.

Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!