Re: SATA PCI

On Wed, 22 Nov 2006 22:16:53 +0200
Hans du Plooy <koffiejunkielistlurker@koffiejunkie.za.net> wrote:

> On Wed, 2006-11-22 at 16:52 +0100, Martinez Perez Alberto wrote:
> > I'm planning to add a SATA PCI card to a system which as no SATA
> > support on motherboard.
> >
> > Does debian support any of these cards or I have to take care with
> > the model I purchase?
>
> Take your pick:
>
> http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Hardware/sata.html
>
> One thing to take care of is that not all SATA controllers will see
> SATA-II discs, even if they are supposed to.
>
> Hans

Quite a comprehensive list. I have to add though that you have to still
check what the chipset is on whatever card you are considering.
Manufacturers still don't put a picture of the mighty Penquin on the
packaging, and never refer to the chipset used on any particular card.
Linux users still have to ask about chipsets, which the average
computer shop employee thinks your from Mars for asking such a question.

--
Greg Madden