Re: bad text rendering on Acer LCD

Tshepang Lekhonkhobe wrote:
Hi,
I have an Acer 19" wide screen (AL1916W) which doesn't display text
properly, even on the terminal. I run GNOME on unstable, and this
problem shows in various resolutions I've tried, and the screen's own
resolution of 1440x900 is not available on GNOM's menu. Attached is
the output of of lshw.
The problem is probably due to not using the native resolution 1440x900. 'dpkg-reconfigure xserver-xorg' would probably allow you to include this resolution in the list of resolutions available to X, but I have never tried it. You can simply edit /etc/X11/xorg.conf and where you see the line which begins with "Modes" and continues with list of resolutions, add your native resolution at the end.