Re: Paritioning Issue

Colin wrote:
> Johannes Wiedersich wrote:
>> While you should know that it is not recommended to use 'testing'
>> on computers connected to the internet,
>
> Huh?  Where did you get that from?  I can see "not using it in a
> production environment" but connected to the Internet?

From
http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel-announce/2006/11/msg00004.html

<quote>
It is our goal to have full security support for testing available
shortly after the start of the hard freeze.  Until then, we can't
recommend upgrading systems to etch on the public Internet, but we will
welcome any testing help you can provide.
</quote>

(That's from a mail from our release managers for etch.)

Johannes

NB: My etch box is also connected to the internet, I use a firewall
though and am a bit careful of what I do regarding security. I wouldn't
blindly recommend 'testing' to anyone who is new to Debian and/or Linux,
though.