Re: Paritioning Issue

--- Baz <bazciscor@gmail.com> wrote:

>   Trying to install Sarge from DVD on my Thinkpad
> (Z60t).  At
> the partitioning prompt - only two options: completely overwrite
> the HD
> (guided?) or manual configuration.  According to Martin Krafft's
> *The
> Debian System*,
> I should be seeing a "write to free space" option, but I don't.

I have never installed from the dvd but from a minimal install cd.
You should:
1) select manual configuration (or partition)
2) Select the partition
3) next screen you should see the free space (if any).

If you do have free [unparitioned] space you should not worry about
destroying data.

Ottavio

Sponsored Link

Online or Campus degree Associate's, Bachelor's, or Master's
in less than one year.www.findtherightschool.com