Re: CVS Limits

In article <[🔎] 4702.217.34.62.180.1164208815.squirrel@www.theclarkefamily.org.uk> you write:
>> In article <[🔎] 04cc01c70e21$b0561690$6400a8c0@tomsk> you write:
>>>Hi there,
>>>
>>>I have a CVS repository (hosted on Debian Sarge 3.1), and one of the
>>>directories has grown in size from a few thousand files, to over 11,000.
>>>The result of this is, if a wide ranging change is made, the CVS client
>>>throws a fit and errors with a protocol error - too many parameters.
>>>This may not be the place to ask, but does anyone know what the actual
>>> limit
>>>is? And is it per repository, or on a directory-wide basis?
>>>I guess if it's a directory limit, I can arrange to have the files
>>>segregated - but I am not the only user of the repository so that'd have
>>>be agreed internally.
>>
>> There's an internal limit of 10,000 files that can be modified at
>> once, which I believe is on a per-repo basis.
>
>Is that a cvs-pserver.conf entry? or in the CVSROOT files?

At the moment it's hard-coded in the source
(src/server.c:serve_argument() ). Please feel free to post a wishlist
bug (ideally with a patch! *grin*) and I'll get it fixed in the Debian
package. Having it as a setting in CVSROOT/options would be a much
more reasonable way to go.

"This dress doesn't reverse." -- Alden Spiess