Corellating hardware with drivers

I am hoping there is an easy way to do this. I am looking for a way to map drivers to hardware in a box. I have been tasked with a project at work in which I need to display the driver associated with a piece of hardware in a box. The problem is that we have a variety of platforms, including Dells, and a number of varieties of homebrew boxes, running everything from RedHat 6.2 (2.2 kernel) and RH7.3, to Debian/sid and CentOS 4.x.

Does someone know where in /proc information like this would live and how to extract it?

Thanks,
--b