Re: jre not found?

Tyler Smith <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca>:
>  On Mon, Nov 20, 2006 at 07:14:56PM -0600, Igor Guerrero Fonseca wrote:
> > If you are using the Debian package for jre:
> >
> > export JAVA_HOME="/usr/lib/jvm/java-1.5.0-sun/jre/"
> >
> > in your profile or(if only console) .bashrc
> >
>   Still nothing. I put that in my .bash_profile, logged out and back
>   in, and still getting the jre: command not found.

You might consider giving up on the Debian version.  Blow it all away,
surf to Sun's java website, download their jre package, stuff it into
/usr/local/java/, and stuff should just work.  It did for me.

btw, Census Canada forced me to go Sun Java.  I'd have been happy to
try out what you've been trying if I'd had the time.

Most humble apologies to all DDs out there; this guy just needs
something that works, quick.  Sometimes, it's that way.

(*)    http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling          Linux Counter #80292
       Spammers! http://www.spots.ab.ca/~keeling/emails.html