jre not found?

Hi,

I don't know anything about java, but I have to use a java app for some research. I've installed everything I can find in the repos for sun-java5, listed below. I also have some of the free alternatives installed. I have no real preference, other than I need something that works. At the moment, when I try and invoke the application (arlequin, for molecular analysis) I get the following error:

jre: command not found

Is there something I still have to install, or am I missing a configuration step? My usual first approach, to install stuff until it works, has failed me, as has google.

Thanks,

Tyler

java stuff I've installed:

sun-java5-jre