Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment

Hello,
I saw there was a thread discussing light desktop for debian in old
mailing archives.
Here I want to open this thread again because my friends and I have
developed a new lightweight desktop environment which is really usable
and suitable for older machines.

This desktop environment is named LXDE, Lightweight X11 Desktop Environment.
Let's see some screenshots first:
http://140.120.13.11/~s9356048/lxde-1.jpg
http://140.120.13.11/~s9356048/lxde-2.jpg
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=300236313&size=o   (Use
Metacity as window manager)

The project page is stilltoo simple, but it's finally online.
http://lxde.sourceforge.net/
Please read the introduction on our homepage for detail.
Currently we provide prebuilt packages for debian and ubuntu.

Besides, Iwrote a complete installation guide.
http://lxde.sourceforge.net/install.html

The main features of LXDE:
   * Lightweight, runs with reasonable memory usage
   * Fast, runs well even on older machines produced in 1999
   * Good-looking, gtk+ 2 internationalized user interface
   * Easy-to-use, the user interface is simple, but usable enough
   * Desktop independent (suprise! Every component can be used without LXDE)
   * Standard compliant, follows the specs on freedesktop.org
   * Suitable for old machines

In addition, I made a qemu disk image containing a preinstalled debian
system using LXDE.
The disk image contains a fully-functional debian system, with several
frequently
used packages installed, such as gimp, gaim, ...etc. That's why it's so big.
Download:  ftp://free.ym.edu.tw/lxde/LXDE.img  (548 MB)
The user name and password are  lxde/lxde.  The password of root is also lxde.
Please test the disk image with following command:
qemu -m 128 -net nic -net user -hda lxde.img -soundhw all -boot c
-m 128 means use 128 MB RAM and I think 128 is quite enough.

Have fun!  :-)