Re: Adding more than one IP Address

On Friday 17 November 2006 22:58, srg krn wrote:
> ip default gateway is configured PER machine and NOT per interface.
> So, if you configure your default  gateway is "A" all your traffic
> that does NOT match a more explicit route will go through "A".
>
> The question that you are asking for is how to have multiple default
> gateways. This is NOT a trivial question but it does NOT involve that it is
> dificult to configure.
>
> If you have gateway "A" and gateway "B" you can do things like:
> 1. all http traffic must go via gateway "A" and the rest via gateway "B".

Yes. This is quite what I want to do. I want to access the Internet via one
gateway and access the Local Area Network spread all across the city, via
different Gateways.

> 2. No matter the kind of traffic, bot gateways MUST be balanced.
> 3. etc, etc, etc...
>
> Of course you need to configure it.
> google for "iproute2" and you will discover how to do those beautiful
> things (and many more).

Yes. I will do that and post back. Thanks for the information. :)
--
Regards,
Amit.

Remember fellas, what we do in life echoes in eternity!