Re: Creating a debian install cd/dvd

Oleg Maloglovets wrote:
> * Alan Ianson wrote, On 17.11.2006 04:03:
> > Hello List,
> >
> > My /var/cache/apt/archives directory contains a lot of files I
have gotten
> > from various sources, mainly the debian archives,
security.debian.org,
> > debian-multimedia.org and a few others.
> >
> > Is there a way I can create a cd or dvd with those files so
apt-get /
> > dselect / aptitude can install those packages? Is there a howto
or other doc
> > file that explains how to do that?
> >

> apt-get install apt-move
> man apt-move

Great! Would you recommend it to backup additional installed programs
off a live cd?
So far I was moving /var/cache/apt/archives/*.deb to a portable hard
drive and then reinstalling them with 'dpkg -iR /mnt/hdb/archive".
In other words would it work with a live cd?

Ottavio

The all-new Yahoo! Mail beta
Fire up a more powerful email and get things done faster.
http://new.mail.yahoo.com